Everyone is "born to move" and stay active, but sometimes life gets in the way. Miami University Employee Wellness wants to kick-start a 9 week healthy holiday challenge beginning Wednesday, Oct. 31.
Challenge participants will strive for at least 30 minutes of physical activity 3 days per week (or 90 minutes total per week). Create a one-person team or join one with friends. Teams of 1 to 100 are welcome. This challenge is open to all Miami faculty and staff and any spouse/partner on the Miami health plan.
How do I get started?
Register now in your Healthy Miami account https://healthymiami.purewellness.com or call Employee Wellness at 513-529-3492. Paper logs are available upon request and can be submitted weekly.
How do I complete the challenge?
- Log your physical activity weekly for 9 weeks
- Enjoy friendly competition with co-workers
- Feel energized through the holiday season
- WIN PRIZES including an iPod shuffle
Are you “born to move”, but not sure you’ll have time?
There are many activities that count for this challenge:
- Parking farther away
- Raking Leaves
- Playing outside with your kids
- Taking the stairs
- Household chores
- Walking with a lunch buddy
- Taking your dog for a walk/jog
- Much more
Visit the Healthy Miami account's cardio log for a full list of activities.